We’re looking for a Copywriting Intern that’s got a hunger for creating great work and the drive to do it well. At L&S, Copywriting Interns learn from and work with Copywriters, Senior Copywriters and Creative Directors to brainstorm campaign ideas, write persuasive and inventive copy for campaigns, create engaging web content and proof everything in between. We’re looking for storytellers-in-training who can combine creative thinking with nuts-and-bolts writing skills to contribute in a team environment.
WHO YOU ARE
A Copywriting Intern is a critical thinker who loves to write, communicates clearly and enjoys solving problems. In addition to knowing when to use an Oxford comma, Copywriting Interns are also highly imaginative and know how to translate direction into creative ideas. At the same time, the ideal intern is organized, self-motivated and knows their way around timelines and team communication.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Write persuasive copy for video, social, email, websites, print, radio and more.
- Regularly collaborate with other creatives to brainstorm ideas.
- Proof and edit copy for spelling, grammar, sentence structure, tone and style.
- Work well under pressuring, mind the details, juggle several projects at once and hit deadlines.
- Collaborate with a team, communicating project status and working with design and video teams to conceptualize visual direction.
- Present concepts and copy to your team, explaining your ideas, taking feedback and adjusting as needed.
This internship is for the fall/winter in our Sioux Falls office.