Researching, planning, buying and building smart strategies – that’s at the heart of the Media Specialist position at Lawrence & Schiller.
We’re looking for an experienced media planner, buyer or strategist to join our team as a Media Specialist developing campaigns for clients in travel, higher education, healthcare and more.
Our Media Specialists work hand-in-hand with our Media Coordinators and Strategists to identify emerging media opportunities, identify new placements, develop media plans and implement media buys for clients across the nation. You’ll have the opportunity to work as a team to identify how to translate creative ideas into a message delivery plan that includes digital, traditional, social and disruptive media channels.
With media reaching across devices, screens and settings, you’ll collaborate with digital and creative team members to strategize big picture placement with targeted tactics that not only reach our audience, but get results.
Our team-centered approach ensures we have integrated campaigns that blend digital, social, user generated content and traditional media into one cohesive plan.
- Research media partners and emerging tactics to find new media placement opportunities.
- Collaborate, brainstorm on and propose new media placement ideas and recommendations for effective marketing.
- Develop detailed media buys and calendars, including tactics, targeting and overall strategy.
- Build and foster relationships with media vendors to learn about new placements and negotiate media buys.
- Build media strategy and present plans to teams and clients for approval.
- Manage media strategy and placement for multiple clients throughout the media buying process, including planning, implementation, measurement and reporting.
- Create orders for all types of media including digital, social, broadcast TV, cable, radio, print and OOH
- Manage and communicate details of creative and shipping deadlines with team members
- Create and communicate traffic instructions to internal teams and media partners
- Measure performance, provide recommendations and help optimize existing media campaigns
- Collaborate with financial specialists on finalizing payments on media placements
- Collaborate with Media Strategists and discipline coach to identify new opportunities and areas of growth for the discipline and our clients.
- Additional duties as assigned
Media Specialists are organized, detail oriented and can translate detailed tactical placements into big picture strategic thinking. Opportunity-minded, resourcefulness and a solutions-first attitude are a must. Communication is at the core of what we do, so applicants must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with internal team members, clients and media partners in a clear and professional manner.
Prior experience in media planning and buying or media strategy is required. A four-year degree in marketing, journalism, advertising, communications, or business, or complementary experience in media placement and strategy, is required. Experience with Microsoft Office tools including Excel, PowerPoint and Word is required.
Prior experience with media planning and buying tools are a plus.