Copywriter / Senior Copywriter
We’re looking for a passionate, collaborative Copywriter or Senior Copywriter to join our team. At L&S, Copywriters work across disciplines to brainstorm campaign ideas, write persuasive and inventive copy for all media, proof and edit content, and apply creative thinking to tell stories in new, engaging ways that connect with audiences.
WHO YOU ARE
A Copywriter is a critical thinker who can translate a client’s problem, benefit or services into a compelling, consumer-oriented message. Copywriters love to write and are skilled at summarizing ideas for clarity, varying style and tone, developing original ideas and knowing when to use a colon vs. a semicolon. At the same time, Copywriters are organized, juggling several projects and staying on top of timelines and team communication.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Write persuasive copy for video, social media, email, websites, print, radio and more.
- Take direction from a creative brief and translate it into an imaginative, original idea that connects with a target audience and impacts client goals.
- Regularly collaborate with other creatives to brainstorm ideas, vet concepts and take constructive feedback.
- Proof and edit copy for spelling, grammar, sentence structure, tone and style.
- Research clients and their industries to understand products, audiences and competition.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of pop culture, advertising trends and industry news to write content that’s modern and relevant.
- Work well under pressuring, mind the details, juggle several projects at once and hit deadlines.
- Collaborate with a team, communicating project status and working with design and video teams to conceptualize visual direction.
- Present concepts and copy to your team, explaining your ideas, taking feedback and adjusting as needed.
- Pursue growth opportunities to improve your writing and generate new ideas.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to extend your ideas across media platforms.
- Senior Copywriters have the ability to draw on experience and proven creative strategies, focusing on both big picture goals and multiple writing tasks to get work done efficiently. They direct projects from inception to completion and are dedicated to innovating and developing boundary-pushing ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in advertising, journalism, communications, English or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A portfolio of work or writing samples is required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Prior experience in an advertising agency environment is a plus
This position is for our Sioux Falls office.