Finance Assistant / Receptionist
Lawrence & Schiller is seeking a self-motivated Finance Assistant / Receptionist to work in a team-environment. Located in Sioux Falls, SD, L&S is the leading advertising and interactive marketing agency in the upper Midwest, providing market intelligence, creative innovation and impactful results for regional and national clients.
The ideal candidate must be experienced in customer service and communication. Candidates must also exhibit an understanding of accounting/financial principles and have strong initiative to go beyond the call of duty, performing tasks with great precision. We’re looking for a positive team player who has the flexibility to work independently and possesses strong business ethics and dependability. If you’re a quick learner, are ready to jump in and work hard, we’ll give you the training you need to ensure success.
- Manage and answer phones while welcoming clients/vendors and staff to the building
- Manage and order agency office supplies and break room supplies
- Organize and schedule maintenance for the building and property
- Help manage and schedule conference rooms and agency vehicles
- Perform daily cash deposits and process all agency mail
- Process inbound media invoices and statements to ensure prompt payment
- Responsible for day-to-day accounts receivable and accounts payable transactions for
- Performs functions relating to posting, tracking and paying supplier bills for the agency
- Understands core business rules and accounting principles and proactively helps teams and/or agency remain on financial track
- Must proactively look for ways to improve overall agency or team financial performance
- Other financial tasks and support efforts as needed
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field preferred
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity
- Ability to quickly adapt to, and share, new information to positively influence the agency’s operational practices
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills
This is an in-office position for our Sioux Falls location.
Lawrence & Schiller, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.