Human Resource Specialist
The Human Resource Specialist is responsible for day-to-day human resources support for the company. We are looking for an experienced human resource professional that is a self-starter and has a passion for fostering company culture through employee engagement.
Lawrence & Schiller is the leading advertising and interactive marketing agency in the upper Midwest, providing market intelligence, creative innovation and impactful results for regional and national clients.
A brief description of this human resource specialist role is outlined below. 3+ years of human resource experience is preferred.
- Recruiting, hiring and onboarding new staff
- Process payroll and administer benefits
- Provide policy and procedure guidance to employees
- Monitor employee morale and foster company culture
- Maintain employee personnel records
- Conduct stay and exit interviews, reporting feedback to management
- Performance management
- Assist with staff professional development planning
- Manage employee relations issues
- Expense review and budget forecasting
- Perform compensation market reviews for all roles
- Additional duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field is preferred
- 3+ years human resources experience
- Possess knowledge of HR systems, processes and procedures
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- aPHR/PHR and/or SHRM-CP certification preferred
This is an in-office position for our Sioux Falls location.
Lawrence & Schiller, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.